OCYNT is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in accordance with applicable laws.
This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data you provide to us will be used and processed by us. We reserve the right to change this policy at any given time, of which you will be promptly updated. To ensure that you are up to date with the latest changes, please visit us frequently.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- YOUR CONSENT
- By accessing and using this website and applying for or using our services, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy and agree to be bound by this policy. If you do not wish to be bound by this policy, you must immediately cease use of our website and services and withdraw any applications that you have made to us, however, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your personal data that we have undertaken based on your consent prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
- When collecting information either through this website or when you access any of our services, we will be the controller of your personal data, which means that we determine the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your personal data is processed. You may contact us as follows:
Email: [email protected]
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
This is the information you give us when engaging with you including when
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and your geographical location.
- Information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Filled forms and other information through our website including, when you report a problem with our website or submit any other complaint to us;
- Information provided when corresponding with us, whether by phone, letter, email or otherwise
- Your representatives or agents engage with us on your behalf in the ways described above.
- Information from other websites. You will be notified of any such information and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
- To provide you with information about products and services that we or our business partners offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To permit selected third parties (including our business partners) to provide you with information about products or services that may interest you.
- To notify you about changes to our website or services.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so.
- To administer our website and services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- As part of our efforts to keep our website and services safe and secure, including preventing and detecting criminal activity, misuse of or damage to our systems and prosecuting and pursuing those responsible.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about products or services that may interest you or them
- To carry out mandatory or other regulatory checks.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- To carry out statistical analysis and market research and testing
- Provide you with a good experience when you browse our website;
- Recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our website for the purposes of analysis;
- Compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve our website; and
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, if cookies are disabled, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our website and/or we may be unable to provide our services to you.
- WEB BEACONS
- Some of our website pages may contain web beacons or page tags that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. However, these web beacons do not collect personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of particular content on our site.
- Because web beacons are the same as any other content request included in the recipe for a web page, you cannot opt out or refuse them. However, where they are used in conjunction with cookies, which they sometimes are, they can be rendered ineffective by either opting out of cookies or by changing the cookie setting on your browser.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We will process your personal data in accordance with applicable laws
- We will collect and process in accordance with specific, legitimate and lawful purposes which you have consented to, provided that:
- We may undertake further processing of your personal data without seeking further consent from you for the purposes of archiving, scientific research, historical research, or statistical purposes or if it is in the public interest; and
- If we or our representatives undertake such further processing, we will not transfer any personal data to any third party without your prior consent.
- We will ensure that our processing of your personal data is lawful. Besides obtaining your consent to process your personal data for specific purposes, our processing of your personal data will be lawful if it is necessary for:
- Compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- The protection of your vital interests, our vital interests or those of another individual; or
- The performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
- We will use our reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data that we collect and process is adequate, accurate and is not detrimental to your dignity as a human person;
- Your personal data will be stored only for the period within which it is reasonably required and we will use our reasonable efforts to keep it secure against foreseeable hazards and breaches such as theft including by way of a cyberattack or viral attack, and unauthorised dissemination and manipulations.; and
- As a data controller in possession of your personal data, we owe you a duty of care, and therefore we will use reasonable care in processing your personal data to avoid acts or omissions which we can reasonably foresee will cause you to suffer loss or damage. We will be accountable for such acts and omissions.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website or our services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone; and
- Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure so we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and improper or accidental disclosure.
- RETENTION OF INFORMATION
- How long we keep your personal data depends on how we use that information. In some cases, we are required by law to keep information for a minimum period; and
- Unless required by law, we will keep information no longer than is necessary for the purpose we collected or processed the information.
- UNSUBSCRIPTION, RESTRICTIONS ON USE AND DELETION OF PERSONAL DATA
- You may write to us at any time at [email protected] to request that we delete your personal data or to restrict the purposes for which we may use or process your personal data; and
- We will consider your request and if there is a valid ground for deletion or restriction in accordance with applicable laws, we will comply with your request within a reasonable time, otherwise we will inform you of the reasons why we are unable to comply.
- In the unlikely event that we do not respond to your complaint within 30 days of you lodging your complaint, or if you are dissatisfied with the response that we give to your complaint you may lodge a complaint with the National Information Technology Development Agency.
The ‘Who Scammed Me?’ database is compiled by OCYNT Technologies from information submitted by members of the general public and information obtained through public records and open source intelligence techniques of past and potential scams. Hence any of the following circumstances may occur;
- Members of the public may maliciously submit false information.
- Members of the public may submit inaccurate or out-dated information.
- Phone numbers of scammers may be recycled by network providers and have new innocent users.
In the event that any of the (or similar) events occur, please contact us and submit disputes and we shall promptly update or remove any information found to be inaccurate or incorrect.
The access to and the use of the information we provide implies the tacit acknowledgment and acceptance by the user of the following conditions, without prejudice to the applicable legal provisions;
- This database is intended for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional services.
- The information on the database is provided by members of the general public and gotten from public records and data already available on the open internet, it should neither be regarded as professional advice nor the opinion of OCYNT Technologies, its employees, affiliates and representatives hence we do not accept legal liability whatsoever arising from or connected to the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any material published on our database.
- Failure to apply the latest updates to the Software and API and only use supported versions shall increase the risk of your exposure to inaccurate and outdated information.
- The use of the content of this database is at the user’s own risk.
- The user assumes full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from the use of the content of this database.
Created: June 20, 2022
Last Updated: July 25, 2023